The Evangelical Free Church of America has been committed to active involvement in the mission of Christ’s church in local congregations, communities, our nation, and the world. This commitment is expressed in the mission statement and in the new logo of the EFCA.
From its inception, The Evangelical Free Church of America has been committed to active involvement in the mission of Christ’s church in local congregations, communities, our nation, and the world. This commitment is expressed in the mission statement and in the new logo of the EFCA.
The EFCA is a movement committed to a special mission: to glorify God by multiplying healthy churches among all people. The new logo captures the essential heartbeat and commitments of the EFCA:
• The cross of Christ stands at the center of the gospel we believe and preach.
• Our movement is vibrant, healthy and growing, composed of individuals and churches of all shapes, sizes and hues.
• We are poised on the world, springing forth in spiritual multiplication around the world.
• Our movement must be inclusive of “all people," regardless of ethnic group, geography or national origin.
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything l have commanded you. "
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins, according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
7. We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not regarded as a means of salvation.
8. We believe that the true Church is composed of such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head.
9. We believe that only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
10. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its own affairs.
11. We believe in the personal and premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this "Blessed Hope" has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting, conscious punishment.